Improving your Collection Skills
Venue: Crown Regency Hotel, Makati
Credit and Collection professionals play a very valuable role in ensuring the profitability and financial stability of a company. However, collecting from customers is becoming more and more difficult.
That is why the collectors need to be armed with better skills so they can eliminate and/or reduce the incidence of collection problems before they occur. Collection efficiency depends on how proactive, persistent and committed the collectors are in securing payment from debtors.
This seminar was designed to enhance the skills of individuals who perform collection work for your company. Packed with updated and applicable Collection concepts and competencies, the participants are expected to get more energized to reach their collection targets.
This seminar's objectives are:
1. To motivate the collectors by appreciating the value of their work
2. To enhance their collection techniques through new concepts and skills in managing their receivables
3. To apply the techniques they have learned to improve and strengthen the company's profitability and cash position
Who should attend:
This seminar is open to collectors and salespeople who also perform collection tasks who would like to improve their collection skills.
Module I - The Habits of Highly Effective Collectors
A. Getting Rid of Negative Energy
1. The Push and Pull Principles of Motivation
2. The Negative Emotions that affect your Collection Mindset
3. Clarifying your Purpose and Appreciating your Job
B. Applying the Power of Psychology to Debt Collecting
1. Understanding the Psychology of Debtors
2. Understanding the Psychology of Debt Collectors
3. Applying the Basics of Emotional Intelligence to Collection Work
4. Treating Collection work as part of Customer Service
Module II - Analyzing and Resolving Collection Problems
A. Credit Evaluation
1. The Need for Regular Credit Reviews
2. Managing Conflicts between Sales and Credit and Collection
B. Terms of Sale
1. Clarifying and Enforcing the Credit Limit and Time Limit to Debtors
2. Using a Debtor Classification System
C. Invoices and Statements
1. Promptness and Accuracy of Invoices and Statements
2. Preventing Discrepancies from being used as an excuse for payment delays
D. Collection Follow-up
1. The Need for a Systematic Payment Follow-up procedure
2. Improving your Collection Communication Techniques
a. Letters, Emails and Fax
b. Telephone Communication
c. Face-to-Face Communication
Module III - Improving your Collection Techniques
A. Managing Customer Excuses
1. Assertiveness Training for Collectors
2. Differentiating a Valid Excuse from a Smokescreen
3. How to detect a Smokescreen
4. Recommendations on Managing Common Customer Excuses
B. Effective Accounts Receivable Management
1. Developing and Maintaining an Effective Client Database
2. Classifying and Monitoring Accounts
3. Tracking Delinquency Patterns and Warning Signs
4. Tips on Preventing Accounts Receivable Problems
Promo Mechanics to enjoy the 50% DISCOUNT:
1. Strictly ALL reservations should be made on or before May 24, 2019.
2. Payments should be made on or before the assigned due date (SYSTEM GENERATED).
3. Proof of payment should be presented via email or fax.
4. Official Receipts shall be issued to the participants on the day of the training.
5. Rates are subject to applicable government taxes.
Rates and Terms of Conditions starting May 25, 2019:
1. The Preferential Rate of P1, 699+VAT per participant, per seminar rate will be applied for reservations paid within the assigned due date (SYSTEM GENERATED).
2. The Regular Rate of P1, 999+VAT per participant, per seminar rate will be applied if payment is beyond the assigned due date and P2, 499+VAT per participant, per seminar will be applied for on-site payments.
[ Seminar Fee includes snacks, materials and certificate of completion ]