Date: June 26, 2019
Venue: Crown Regency Hotel, Makati
Secretaries and Administrative Assistants play a pivotal role as communicators in the office.
They practically spend 90% of their time communicating, whether in person, on the phone
or writing reports, letters and emails.
This seminar is geared towards helping the participants develop new insights and techniques
on how to improve their office communications. Going beyond teaching parts of speech and
grammatical constructions, this seminar focuses on actual and applicable communication scenarios
that will be more useful to them.
Who should attend:
All secretaries, administrative assistants, personal assistants and office staff who want to learn new ways
to improve their business communication that would boost their success in the workplace.
What you will learn:
Module I – The Challenges of Business Communication
A. Aristotle’s Three Basic Essentials of Communication
1. Logos (Logic)
2. Pathos (Feelings)
3. Ethos (Communicator’s Credibility
B. What makes Effective Communication difficult?
1. The Nature of People: Varying Attitudes and Perceptions
2. The Situation and Environment
3. The Process of Communication Delivery
C. Understanding Individual Differences when Communicating
1. Personality Differences
2. Communication Style Differences
3. Gender Differences
4. Cultural Differences
Module II – Verbal Communication
A. Root Causes of Verbal Communication Problems: Face-to-Face or on the Phone
1. Your Frame of Mind when Communicating
2. Taking Listening For Granted
3. Assuming too much, too soon
4. Habits, Patterns and Routines
5. The Need to be Always Right
B. Tips for Enhancing Verbal Communication
1. Thinking before you Speak
2. Tone and Volume of your Voice
3. Method of Delivery
4. Giving and Receiving Feedback
Module III – Non-verbal Communication
A. The Power of Speaking without Words
1. Non-verbal Aspects of Communication
2. When Mannerisms Distract
B. Minding your Manners when Communicating without Words
1. Dos and Don’ts of Non-verbal Communication
2. The Importance of Projecting a “Professional” Image
3. Tips of Presenting the “Right” Image at all times
Module IV – Written Communication
A. Guides to Writing Business Letters
1. The Beginning
2. The Reference
3. The Reason for Writing
4. The Main Message
5. The Outcome
6. The Enclosures
7. The Closing Remarks
8. The Reference for future contact
9. The Close
B. Tips on Improving Written Communication
1. Writing Effective Emails
2. Writing Reports
3. Keeping Minutes of the Meeting
4. Writing Notes for your Bosses & Co-workers
Promo Mechanics to enjoy the 50% DISCOUNT:
1. Strictly ALL reservations should be made on or before May 24, 2019.
2. Payments should be made on or before the assigned due date (SYSTEM GENERATED).
3. Proof of payment should be presented via email or fax.
4. Official Receipts shall be issued to the participants on the day of the training.
5. Rates are subject to applicable government taxes.
Rates and Terms of Conditions starting May 25, 2019:
1. The Preferential Rate of P1, 699+VAT per participant, per seminar rate will be applied for reservations paid within the assigned due date (SYSTEM GENERATED).
2. The Regular Rate of P1, 999+VAT per participant, per seminar rate will be applied if payment is beyond the assigned due date and P2, 499+VAT per participant, per seminar will be applied for on-site payments.
[ Seminar Fee includes snacks, materials and certificate of completion ]