Business English Essentials for Business Professionals
Venue: Crown Regency Hotel, Makati
Effective Business Communication takes real skill, and at the core of it is the proficiency in Business English. Business English needs to be developed, honed and added to on an on-going basis. It is now becoming the basis of a business professional’s competence and the greater our awareness of how it all works, the more effective our business communication will be.
This seminar focuses on how the proper application of Business English can be used by the participants to be more productive and proficient in their line of work. Being an effective communicator is about feeling confident in situations where you don’t always feel comfortable. Since English is considered as the universal Business Language, developing practical and applicable Business English competencies is crucial.
The expected result will be participants who can effectively communicate with other people with far more confidence, assurance and authenticity that will promote greater success in their workplace and in their industry.
1. How Business Communication Skills Improve your Career
2. Barriers to Effective Business Communication
1. How Business English is Different from Other English Applications
2. The Right Attitudes in Developing Your Business English Skills
Module 2: The Pronunciation and Grammar Basics of Business English
1. Mispronounced Consonant Sounds
2. Mispronounced Vowel Sounds
3. Commonly Mispronounced Words
B. The "Problem" Grammar Areas
1. Subject - Verb Agreement
a. Rules to Remember
b. Common Errors
- The Killer S
- The Wrong Subject
- The Tricky Modal Verb
2. Verbs - Tense Usage
a. Common Errors
b. Tenses for Different Situations
c. The Forms for the Different Tenses
3. The Double Present and Past Tense
a. Recognizing and Understanding the Double Present and Past Tense Errors
b. The Rule to Remember
- The Do Verb as a Helping Verb
- The Main Verb Form
4. Use of the Singular vs. Plural Noun Form
a. Singular Noun Form Usage Rules
b. Plural Noun Form Usage Rules
c. Common Errors
5. Non-Count Noun Usage
a. Understanding Non-Count Nouns
b. Identifying Non-Count Nouns
c. Common Errors
6. Preposition Usage
a. IN, AT, ON and TO - General Usage Rules
b. Prepositions of Addresses
c. Prepositions of Time
d. Prepositions for Transportation
e. Prepositions for Media
f. The Preposition of Direction "TO"
a. Understanding the Past Participle Form
b. Identifying the Function A Past Participle Word in a Sentence
a. Types of Adjectives
b. The Royal Order of Adjectives
Promo Mechanics to enjoy the 50% DISCOUNT:
1. Strictly ALL reservations should be made on or before May 24, 2019.
2. Payments should be made on or before the assigned due date (SYSTEM GENERATED).
3. Proof of payment should be presented via email or fax.
4. Official Receipts shall be issued to the participants on the day of the training.
5. Rates are subject to applicable government taxes.
Rates and Terms of Conditions starting May 25, 2019:
1. The Preferential Rate of P1, 699+VAT per participant, per seminar rate will be applied for reservations paid within the assigned due date (SYSTEM GENERATED).
2. The Regular Rate of P1, 999+VAT per participant, per seminar rate will be applied if payment is beyond the assigned due date and P2, 499+VAT per participant, per seminar will be applied for on-site payments.
[ Seminar Fee includes snacks, materials and certificate of completion ]